Monday, August 2, 2010

Matthew 16:24-25

Jesus said..., "Who ever wants to be my disciple must DENY themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for ME, WILL FIND IT."

                                                 Matt. 16v24-25


Disciple
  One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another.


A disciple is not simply an accumulator of information or one who merely changes moral behavior in regard of the teachings of Jesus Christ, but seeks a fundamental  shift towards the ethics if Jesus Christ in every way, including complete devotion.
            
          ( http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Disciple+%28Christianity%29 )



I am the furthest thing from being completely
devoted to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
But I am here on this beautiful place we call home, for now, to give it a try.





So, how do we deny ourselves for someone we can't see or feel?
That....is one of the BIGGEST questions that I have.
But I am here because i would love to find out what someone, who loves me entirely way too much, has in store for someone, a sinner at that, like me.
How do I become so absolutely selfless, without letting people take advantage, run over, or consume all of who I am as a person, but also be in the will of God.
It almost hurts to try and even scratch the surface with questions that consume every part of my mind.
Only because God will only answer the ones He wants at the times He wants.
For the mere fact that God IS,
He probably just laughs at the tiny worries that we have in our incompatible brains.

 Well, it's time to embark on this journey that a special someone has promised us all.
This is my time, my life, and my calling to see where I am led.


Jesus, help me to lose my own life for you, to find the best one waiting from you, for me.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Tina,
    Thank you for the beautiful images and inspiring words!!! If you only knew how we needed to read such beautiful sentiment this morning!!
    Sincerely,
    Sheila and Sherrill(trundlebedtimes.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete